As women, we desire to have a deep emotional bond with our spouse. We want to be loved and adored. Our inner core is filled with contentment and happiness when we feel understood and appreciated. Making a wish list of traits we want our husband to have is effortless, but bringing out the best in him takes a lot of nurturing.
We need to nourish our spouse daily with love, support and understanding. So here are 15 ways to win your husband’s heart and attention.
1. Dress pleasantly/attractively. Mostly women dress properly when going outside and at home they wear worst clothes.. You should dress yourself so that your husband will feel good when he looks at you
2. Say thank you with a smile. When your husband does an odd job around the house, thank him like you really mean it. He will know that his help is not taken for granted and he will be happy to do more.
3. Race to the door when he comes home, as if you were waiting for him. Smile and hug him.
4. Prepare his favorite meal. After he returns home from work on an ordinary day, surprise your husband with his favorite dinner. He will not only be glad to have the food he likes best, but will appreciate the time and effort you put in preparing it.
5. Don’t lay out all your problems on your husband as soon as he walks in. Give him a little mental break.
6. Don’t keep asking him, “what are you thinking?”… because unlike women, men’s thoughts are as random as the results of a Google search.
7. Be kind to your mother-in-law the same way you would like your husband to be kind to your own mother. Treat his siblings as yours and his father as your own one and you will see then how much he will respect you.
8. Compliment him on the things you know he’s not so confident about (looks, intelligence) etc. This will build his self-esteem.
9. Encourage him to do good deeds.
10. If he’s angry with you and starts yelling, let him yell it out while you’re quiet. You will see your fight will end a lot faster. Then when he’s calm, you can tell him your side of the story and how you want him to change something.
11. Tell your husband you love him many many times.
12. Surprise him with gifts. Even necessities can be gifts.
13. Listen actively. When your husband expresses an opinion or a thought, pay attention. This shows you respect him and his views and nothing pleases a man more.
14. Let him chill with his friends without guilt, especially if they’re good guys. Encourage him to go out, so he doesn’t feel “cooped up” at home.
15. Use your time wisely and get things accomplished. If you’re a housewife, take online classes and get active in your community. This will make you happy and a secondary bonus is that it impresses your husband.
Picture’s source @Said Mhamad Photography