Men can win at marriage. You can win, too. Start with a goal in mind. Winning at marriage doesn’t mean winning an argument. You don’t win by morphing your woman into a Stepford wife. You win at marriage when you win your wife’s heart. This requires really simple acts.
- Dress up for your wife, look clean and smell good. Just like the husband wants his wife to look nice for him, she also wants her husband to dress up for her too. Remember that Rasul Allah – sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam – would always start with Miswak when returning home and always loved the sweetest smells.
- Whenever there is a fight or an argument, just remember all the things she does for you. she cooks for you, she takes care of your home, she takes care of your children. So do not upset her if she is upset with you. hold her and tell her that you love her. Only your love can repel her anger. Communicate with her and discuss with her if there is any misunderstanding.
- Rather than trying to satisfy her too much, feel and tell her that you are satisfied with her. Your own satisfaction will satisfy her. Do let your wife know that you are very happy and blessed to have her. A wife always wonder how her husband feels about her, so make her feel secure. Always give her a hug whenever you come back from work. appreciate her and thank her for taking care of everything the whole day.
- Don’t look for her body. That’s already yours. Rather look for her mind. She’s looking for opportunities to offer it to you.
- Sometimes act like a child and let her teach you something. She can teach you some things that nobody else can.
Always remember the words of Allah’s Messenger – sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam: “The best of you are those who treat their families the best. And I am the best amongst you to my family.”
Try to be the best! Never forget to make Dua to Allah – azza wa jall – to make your marriage successful. And Allah ta’ala knows best !!