This is my favorite waffle recipe so far. The batter is easy to work with and the waffles come out light, crispy and fluffy. Perfect for breakfast or as dessert.
- Makes about 10-12 waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp butter – melted
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
- Separate the eggs. Mix the egg yolks with sugar, butter and milk and add to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Whip the egg whites and gently fold them into the yolks mixture.
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray both surfaces with cooking spray. Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto one side of the iron and close it.
- Bake until the iron’s indicator light shows that cooking is done and the waffles are golden brown and crisp. It’s best to serve them immediately with butter, maple syrup or honey and fruits.