Ramadan is the most blessed month of the year, it has its own charm when spent with family back home or where ever you live, with this blessed month comes many wonderful things like tarawih prayers, iftars, family gatherings and then Eid. For many it is a time not only to get closer to their Lord, but also to get closer to family and spend much more time with them, from this side, my prayers are to everyone spending it alone far from their family.
Anyway, There are some funny, I’ll say really cute but sometimes annoying questions, non muslims ask a lot of us during this month! Check them out below and share with us the ones you get yourself!
- “Wait… It lasts a whole month??” Yup, that’s the idea.
- “Wow. I don’t know how you do it. I know I couldn’t!” It’s a good thing that I’m the one fasting and not you, then.
- “Can’t you do the opposite? Like, not eat at night?” Huh??
- Do you mind if I eat in front of you? That’s only the 15th time today that you’ve asked me this.
- “You’re sure you don’t mind, eh?” I already told you that I didn’t care.
- “How are you handling it? Not too hungry?” Keep your calm. Keep your calm. KEEP YOUR CALM.
- “What happens if you eat?” The food goes through the esophagus down to the intestine.
- “Not even a tiny M&M? It’s so small, it doesn’t count!” Are you stupid?
- “You can at least chew gum, right? You don’t swallow that.” OK, you’re officially dumb.
- “Do you stay up all night to catch up with all the eating you couldn’t do during the day?” Of course. And then we drink blood, before taking a nap in our coffins.
- What about your saliva? can you swallow your own saliva? Duh!
- “Come on, drink something! Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.” Nah thank you!
- “OK, what if you faint? Can we give you water then?” No. Let me die!
- “What if you’re in the desert and you’re about to die of thirst. Can you drink then?” You exhaust me!
- “Can you shower?” Shhhh. Don’t say another word.
- “I need to lose 10 pounds, I think I’m gonna fast for Ramadan too.” Are you for real?
- “It must be hard not being able to swear, no?” Very
- “Does it mean that if I hit you right now, you can’t hit me back?” Let’s see! shall we?