This egg cobbler would be a great addition to your Sunday morning breakfasts or brunches. It’s packed with protein, healthy fats and will keep you full for quite a while. It’s an extremely simple recipe using fresh ingredients!
2 loaves of bread (whole wheat or enriched white; depends on your family’s preference)
3 juicy tomatoes
500 g Halal Mortadella
150 g cheese
100 g butter
150 g milk
Salt and pepper
- Take the slices of bread and apply a light coating of butter (or a heavy coating).
- Grease a pan and put in the buttered loaf slices.
- Wash tomatoes and cut into thin circular slices.
- Get your mortadella pre-sliced or cut it yourself. Make sure the mortadella is around the same thickness as the tomatoes.
- Between the slices of bread put a slice of tomato and mortadella.
- Beat the 4 eggs with the milk, salt and pepper. Once properly beaten, pour the mixture on the slices.
- Grate cheese and sprinkle it on top of the bread.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake until golden brown and the cheese is melted and gooey!