Often, we can get caught up in our daily routines-going to school, taking care of kids, shopping, taking care of our homes, working, and so on. We sometimes forget that our relationships also need attention and care. Like any relationship, the one between husband and wife needs maintenance and nurturing. So going out sometimes or planning for some special nights may help.
Below are some ideas that go beyond the usual dinner and a movie. Many involve little or no cost. Not all dates have to involve going out, but if you have young children, getting a break from the kids is a stress release in itself.
1. Rent bikes .Go on a biking tour of your area. There are often organized bike tours or routes already mapped out for you. You can book them online too, so if you want to start planning it now, click here to continue.
2. Cook a meal together. Find a recipe you’ve never tried and make it together. Be sure to include some dessert or this easy recipe of avocado popsicles.
3. Have a game night. Pull out all of your board games, your HqDartBoard and packs of cards for a friendly night of competition. Be sure to have some treats for the occasion. This is a list of some fun games you can play together
4. Try a new restaurant or new meals. We usually end up eating out at the same places. Pick somewhere neither of you have been and try it out! For example, at katy vibes: real food, real entertainment, and good music is always on offer so it might be a good place to start. Who knows, it might be a new favorite!
5. Be a tourist in your own city. Find what tourist attractions are in your city and spend the day or night acting like tourists, which includes taking cheesy pictures!
6. 20 questions game. Get some treats or chips ready to spend the evening in your living room, write a list of 20 questions to ask each other or find one on the internet. Go over your answers afterward. It’s a good way to refresh and update some points about your thoughts, desires, future plans etc.
7. Go on a picnic. Spring and summer are the best time to go on picnics so pick a day when it’s not too hot. Prepare yours and his favourite foods, pack a thermos of lemonade or an ice-cold drink, and head to your favourite park. It could even be in your backyard! Dress nicely. Bring a pack of cards to play or some books to read, and just enjoy the beautiful day and each other’s company.